What we treat
Pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS)
Pre-menstrual syndrome is the name given to symptoms experienced before a period. There are both physical and psychological symptoms which women complain of and some of these are shown in the table below.
|Bloating||Breast tenderness||Headaches /Migraines|
|Joint pains||Night sweats||Sugar cravings|
|Palpitations||Acne flare up||Tearfulness|
|Irritability||Low mood||Poor sleep|
|Muscle aches||Fatigue||Bowel symptoms|
It can affect women at any age. Symptoms can be mild or severe and some women find that symptoms interfere with their daily life.
The cause of PMS is an imbalance between oestrogen and progesterone during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle.
|Things you can do at home||Conventional approach||Our approach at LHC|
– Healthy diet (low sugar and Carbohydrate)
– Evening primrose oil
– Agnus castus
– Oral contraceptive pill (combined or progestogen only)
Other non-hormonal therapies
– Cognitive behavioural therapy
– Anti- depressants
– Using bio-identical progesterone in varying regimes to control symptoms
– Supplements to help body restore balance naturally
– Encourage good diet and exercise